Our vineyard and winery walking tour gives a behind the scenes look at the whole process – a true ‘grape to glass’ experience; our relaxed, fun and informative tours take you behind the scenes.
What is involved?
Our tour consists of three parts:
- A walking tour through the vineyard, here we will discuss a year in the vineyard, going through the key steps that get us through to harvest.
- A walking tour of the winery, here we will discuss the main processes to get from grapes to bottled wine.
- A tutored tasting in the cellar, here we will go through the main aspects of how to taste wine, and run through a tasting of six wines.
- We operate one tour per day starting promptly at 11am. (Please be here no later than 10:50am to register)
- The tours are run daily from the 1st October through to Easter Monday, then the tours are closed for the winter season.
- Each tour has a maximum of 12 people, ensuring a personal experience.
Tours take between 1.5 and 2 hours, approximately 1 hour is walking, so please wear appropriate footwear for the vineyard (enclosed shoes are essential, no open toe shoes will be permissable).
Price (per person)
|Teenager (no alcohol will be served)||49.00|
|Child (0-12 years) If they do not occupy a seat||Free|
Frequently Asked Quesions
- What happens if it is raining?
75% of the tour is conducted inside, for the vineyard walk we will provide umbrellas if it is raining. If rain is forecast please wear suitable clothing.
- Do I need to book?
Yes, we are only running one tour a day, with a max of 12 people per tour to ensure the best experience for you, so pre-booking will be essential.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Yes, we offer the following cancellation policies based on the number of spots you have booked:
- If you have booked for 4 spaces or less, and you can cancel more than 48 hours ahead (before 11am two days before your booked date) a full refund will be made. If you are cancelling within 48 hours of the booked date, no refund will be given.
- If you have booked for 5 spaces or more, you will need to let us know more than 7 days before to get a full refund. If you cancel within seven days, no refund will be given.Please note: cancellations must be made via email, so we have a full record of your cancellations, phone calls will not suffice.
- Can I bring children?
Yes, but not recommended. This is not an event for young children. Any disruption to the other attendees and you may be asked to leave the tour.
- Children must be strictly supervised if joining the tour for health and safety reasons, and to ensure all participants get the best experience.
- Children under 12 years of age, can accompany an adult for free, max 1 child per adult, but must not occupy a chair during wine tasting.
- Young adults between 12 and 18 will be charged the full price, but not allowed to participate in any wine tasting.
- Do you run tours at other times?
At the moment we only run one tour a day at 11am. We ask that you be at Ash Ridge Wines at least 10 minutes before 11am to enable registration. Tours start at 11am prompt.
- How do I get to you?
There is no public transport to our location and we do not offer a pick up and collection service. You must arrange transport yourself with a sober driver or taxi to visit us.
- Are there places to eat nearby?
You can enjoy a beautiful cheese and meats platter at Ash Ridge. We also do pizzas on the weekend; come in and look at our menu. If you would like to stay for lunch after the tour it is advisable to make a booking at registration. There are other wineries in the area that can also provide lunch.